AWANA is an acronym for the term “approved workmen are not ashamed,” taken from II Timothy 2:15.
According to the official AWANA website, the program is designed to “help churches and parents worldwide raise children and youth to know, love and serve Christ!” We do this through:
- Fully integrated programs for ages 3 through 6th Grade
- The best evangelism tools to reach unsaved children, youth and families
- Teaching that builds an enduring biblical faith
- Resources bringing churches and parents together to disciple the next generation
- Initial and ongoing volunteer training
- Healthy mentor and peer relationships
- Dynamic fun for children, teens and adults alike!
The expository teachings from AWANAs will help integrate children and adults in learning how to best serve Christ.
Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15
II Timothy 2:15